The first UNISAT satellites were developed by GAUSS Group from Scuola di Ingegneria Aerospaziale of Rome. The UNISAT (University Satellite) program as part of the space research projects of GAUSS Group started in 1990 and finished in 2012 with the launch of UNICUBESAT-GG.
In 2012 the company G.A.U.S.S. Srl was founded and from there onwards it has continued launching satellites. The satellites that G.A.U.S.S. as a company has launched since then are listed here.
More information on the UNISAT Platform (the UniSat satellites having the particularity to be launch platforms as well as carriers) can be found on the following Flyer.
The preparatory activities and the satellites that GAUSS Group launched as part of Scuola di Ingegneria Aerospaziale are the following:
- 1990: Theoretical studies on building low-cost microsatellites at the university
- 1995: First grant to UNISAT program from the Italian Ministry of University (2 young researchers of University of Rome at Stanford University)
- 1997: Start designing and manufacturing UNISAT
- 2000: Launch of UNISAT
- 2002: Launch of UNISAT-2
- 2004: Launch of UNISAT-3
- 2006: Launch of UNISAT-4
- 2011: Launch of EDUSAT_it
- 2012: Launch of UNICUBESAT-GG
Photo-gallery of GAUSS satellites over the years 2000/2012:
[Not a valid template]