GAUSS Mini Ground Dongle is a USB low power board to simulate your ground station safely on laboratory conditions.
The USB dongle integrates both a low power UHF transceiver and a TNC, thus miniaturizing common ground station rack systems.
It was designed to have an easy access to TT&C testing during final verifications and pre-integration periods but it can also be used on your ground station if an external power amplifier is added.
It is fully compatible with the GAUSS UHF Radio. The dongle comes with multi-platform software, therefore it can be used with any PC/Mac available at your lab. A special bundle includes both the Radio and the Mini Ground Dongle, for a quick system deployment.
- Up to 15dBm of output power;
- UHF frequency band for TT&C;
- USB Interface with software and drivers for Windows, Linux and MAC;
- AX.25 protocol supported;
- FEC Viterbi k4 supported;
- Integrated TNC, radio can be interfaced using KISS;
- Transparent mode supported (radio behaves like the analog fronted and the user implements its own protocols;
- Data-rate: 300bps to 100kbps;
- Sensitivity: -122dBm @1.2kbps, -119dBm @9.6kbps, -109dBm @50kbps;
- GPIO for external output amplifier exciter;
- Firmware can be upgraded from PC;
- FSK/MSK/GFSK/GMSK modulations;
- Off the shelf industrial grade / automotive components;
- Full Compatibility with all GAUSS Radios;
- SMA connector for antenna;
- FEC Viterbi k7 & Reed-Solomon*;
- Speeds up to 250kbps (with 4GFSK)*.
*Features that can be implemented on user request.